1.07.2012

The First Supper

Baby J has been fascinated with our food lately, so we decided to give him something besides the boob.  I went all hippy mom and actually cooked and pureed a sweet potato (and even froze the leftovers in ice cube trays so I wasn't wasteful- who am I?!).  Like with everything new with J, I was nervous.  I don't know what I thought would happen, but D was after me for days to let him try some real food.  I finally agreed.  But then we couldn't agree on what he should wear.  I said, "let's strip him."  D said, "how bad can it get.  He'll be fine with just a bib."  I won.  We compromised with socks.   

(Don't judge the horribly grown out highlights.  I've since gotten my hair did, I promise...)

I showed him the food...


...and that's all it took.  
"What is this stuff?"
"Hmm, not bad..."
"You've been keeping this from me?"

Apparently I thought my five month old could handle heaping spoonfuls...
He didn't like my approach, so he decided to do it himself:

"Nom, nom, nom."



"Delish!"
"Is that all that's left?"

"You're serious?"

"Let me just check the outside to make sure..."

"I wonder if anyone would notice if I licked the extra off my leg. Too much?"

"Until next time, sweet potatoes."


Our boy is an eater!








1 comment:

  1. I love his face in all these. Congrats on moving to solids. We will be doing this next month so I will be calling you for tips :)

    ReplyDelete