7.05.2012

Mi Casa es Su Casa


We've been in our new house two weeks and I never even gave our old home, neighborhood, or neighbors a proper good-bye. 

To our neighbors three doors down who kept their Christmas lights up all year and the other neighbors around the corner who kept a pumpkin in their front window from October to October, thank you for your festive nature, and good-bye.

To the teenage boy who washed his parents' cars every. single. Saturday morning.  Good work, and good-bye.


To the woman two doors down who wore a different wig for each day of the week.  You are lovely, and good-bye.


To our next door neighbor "boy" who I thought never grew in four years but actually was three different boys, please don't throw garbage in your new neighbors' yard or taunt their sweet dog, and good-bye.

To the Hasidic Jews down the street.  You are the happiest, most beautiful, kind, and fulfilled people I've ever observed.  I hope to raise my children to be as well-behaved and content as yours, and good-bye.


To the neighbors directly across from us who we never spoke to until we brought Jack home from the hospital and then who completely spoiled us with food, baby clothes, and gifts- we will never forget your kindness.  Thank you tremendously, and good-bye.


I will miss our pretty bathroom.  I will miss the park across the street.  And probably not much else.


I will always love this house because it's where I found out I was pregnant, and it's where we brought home our son for the 11 and a half months of his life.


Good-bye, funnily-designed house. 

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your new home! this post is REALLY funny!

    ReplyDelete