7.28.2012

07.25.27.2007

I'm the luckiest of all girls- I get to celebrate two anniversaries with Mr. B.  The church one and the beach one.  One a bit sweeter; the other a bit more fun.

07/25/07

Him- handsome, confident, beaming, like he always is.  Me- trying to hold back my tears so I would still be a pretty bride.  I love that we walked down the aisle together, both ways.  How untraditional, huh?  He also tied the bow on  my dress when I was getting ready.  I carried a thrown-together bouquet of flowers from Safeway with my Grandma Katie's rosary.  To be honest, I think I tried to play off the 25th like it wasn't that big of a deal- figuring I'd be more excited, nervous, anxious, etc. on the 27th when everyone would be there.  I was wrong.  I remember thinking I'd keep my cool, but the second we started walking together and I heard the music, I lost it.  I made eye contact with Stace, and, with tears in her eyes, she wagged her finger at me to stop crying.  At the front of the aisle, I felt at peace.  Father Jim made us (I mean MADE us) memorize our vows.  "But can we take a cheat sheet in case we get nervous," we asked a few days prior.  "Nope," he replied.  But we both did it.  And didn't screw up.  He got a little teary.  I got a lot teary.  And it was perfect. 



07/27/07



Fast forward two days later...the vibe was much different.  The boys came back from golfing about 25 minutes before we were due to take pictures.  They were still ready before all of the girls.  I was almost giddy walking down the aisle- no more nerves. 

What else comes to mind?  nine beautiful bridesmaids; nine handsome groomsmen; Father Dave- the best internet-ordained minister two people could ask for; a guy using his shoe as a phone; double-dutch dancing; bridesmaids and Joe in the pool; bridesmaid dresses in the Mexican ocean; wild Poppy dancing; my poor dad witnessing a few people who had far too much to drink; lots of little girls in beautiful dresses; AMAZING food; inappropriate music; one pissed off wedding planner; Coronas, Coronas, Coronas; dancing to The Beatles with my dad;  mariachi band; watching the last 15 minutes of the party from the deck with D.

A wild wedding if there ever was one...

No comments:

Post a Comment