7.13.2012

12 Months, One Year, 52 Weeks

Dear JW,

My dear, sweet belated birthday boy....by now you've probably come to realize something about your Mama- I'm rarely, if ever, on time.  I hate this about me.  It's a terrible quality to possess.  I have all the confidence in the world that you'll take after your militant-like dad and be the first one to show up wherever you go.  Though this letter wasn't written on your birthday, it was completed within your 12th month which must count for something. 

I could go on and on about how fast this year went by, how I can't believe you're not considered a baby anymore, etc., etc.  Instead I will just say this: thank you for helping me discover a love I never knew existed.  You have made me a better person- more sensitive, more understanding, much more mushy.  Looking back, I am positive I never really got what people meant by the term, "a mother's love."  There just isn't anything that compares.  I am absolutely, 100% crazy for you. 

I love your wispy hair, especially when it curls up over your ears.  I love your blue- with a touch of hazel- eyes.  I love your expressive brow.  I love your big, full lips.  I love the way your little tongue sticks ever-so-slightly out of your mouth, just like your dad.  I love how chunky your thighs are.  I love how you roll your feet around when you're tired or really want something.  I love how you laugh when other people are laughing- a great quality to possess.  I love how much you love other kids.  I love how observant you are- I think you'll be a details guy, just like your dad.  I love how you stop and listen for sounds, especially when we're outside.  I love how much you love Tar and Amelia.  I love your "happy bird" laugh, the one we usually only hear after you've spotted Amelia.  I love how you give hugs and snuggles and big, open-mouthed kisses. 


I love you, little man. 



xoxo,  Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment